10 Reasons Why Everyone Needs Physical Education
by Mike Hanik
All children need physical education. It is integral to the complete education of every child. The quality physical education program is planned and provides instruction which provides participants with many benefits.
1. Improved learning aptitude
2. Improved Physical Fitness
3. Improves cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, mobility, and body composition.
4. Improves power, agility, reaction time, balance, speed, and coordination
5. Skill Development
6. Children learn and practice motor skills in a safe environment. This allows for satisfying and successful participation in physical activities like individual and team sports.
7. Stress Reduction
8. Regular physical activity helps to release tension and anxiety. It also helps to build resilience and emotional stability.
9. Improved Self Confidence
10. As children master skills they become more confident in their abilities. When children are successful in a safe learning environment they be come more confident, assertive, self-controlled, and independent.
Family Time Fitness’ Fitness 4 Homeschool Physical Education Core Curriculum provides families with developmentally appropriate activities. These activities can be done at a pace that will allow each child to be successful.